Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 24 November 2019

Grey.

Damp and grey today. I put a load in the washing machine but didn't even bother hanging it out. Just draped stuff over the radiators and then ironed what I needed dry. When I woke this morning I saw that I must have swiped my arm across my pillow and knocked off some of the tattoo scabs and got rusty ink stains on the pillow case. I'll have to cover my arm at night, maybe with a loose bandage, until it's all healed. I tried shifting the ink stains with white spirit which lightened the stains but didn't remove them totally. That pillow case didn't even make it into the washing machine because I have a very sensitive sense of smell, not always a blessing, and even after a number of rinses in the sink the smell of white spirit was strong. For the time being the pillowcase is out on the line to air out the smell.
Peter went out shopping, and wished he hadn't because the crowds were so big, and he brought me home a few treats. How disappointing when I opened this package of marzipan and found that the individual bars were at least a third smaller than the box suggests. Usually Lidl's packaging is more honest so I posted a photo and comment on FB. For once I made it a public post so maybe somebody from Lidl will see it and note that customers don't like being conned in this way. 
While Peter was out I carried on with the chair cover. The back cushion is quite a complex shape with a central small section only attached at the top. I made the cover for this part but then it was time to start the ironing. 

No comments: