Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 16 November 2019

Sunny.

Lots of sun today. I went outside to photograph the sun on the acer leaves and found my neighbour sitting outside enjoying the sunshine. 
As to the viewing, hmm. The house was spick and span ready for visitors when 10 minutes before the appointed time we had a call from the estate agent cancelling the viewing. The people came and (I think) looked at another house a few doors down but ruled both houses out because there wasn't enough parking for their vehicles. They need space to park a large motor home and an SUV and have already rejected other properties for the same reason. Round here there are a few houses with that sort of parking space but they are 30-40% more expensive than our place. Oh well, at least we have a tidy house.
While I was chatting to our neighbour I spotted the sheep on the hill being rounded up for some reason. Looking more closely at the photo they seem to be eating so I guess the farmer had put some feed out for them.
I had another disappointment later in the afternoon when I went to wire up the new foot pedal for my sewing machine. When I undid the junction box I saw that I had bought one for a two wire cable instead of for a three wire cable which the pedal needs. I was annoyed with myself because when I was looking on-line for a junction box I had thought to myself that I should get a three wire box in case I needed it as it could also be used for two wires but I went ahead and bought the wrong box. I can't even blame the seller as the description said it was a two wire box. That's the problem with late night internet shopping. I ordered the correct box and carried on hand sewing. I made some adjustments to the frame cover where there was some fabric bunching up and have now moved on to the two cushions. The extra cover for a two seater sofa is more than ample to cover both the cushions but I will have to buy a long zip for the back rest cushion as I want to be able to wash the covers when needed. That'll mean another visit to the one charity shop that has a very good haberdashery section. They must have some dedicated volunteers who take off buttons and zips from clothing destined for recycling and they also have sewing and embroidery threads, fasteners etc. and fabric. If I need any haberdashery items I always look there first. Better to support a charity and recycle as well as saving money.
I tried taking Speedy's cone off this afternoon putting some of the bitter no-chew spray on his feet but I found him chewing on his feet so the cone went back on. I take his cone off in the evenings when we are all in the sitting room. He's content to sit on my lap and wash himself and if it looks as if he's going for his feet I just put my hand over them.

2 comments:

happyone said...

Oh sorry about the cancelled viewing. I know how frustrating that can be.

Aritha V. said...

Not funny, when people cancelled. But I love your sheep photo.