Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 6 November 2019

Wet.

It's been a grey day turning wetter through the day. I needed to go to the bank to pay some builders' bills and I planned to walk until I saw that it was already raining. It wasn't raining heavily but even so I chickened out and took the car. I parked in a street not far from the High Street where you can stay free for an hour. I like the challenge of finding free parking rather than pay out to the council. Bills paid I called in at a few shops, bought a mango and some more elastic for the chair cover. My afternoon was spent peacefully hand sewing the fabric which I had tacked onto the cover yesterday. 
I was in the kitchen doing some washing up when I heard an intermittent buzzing sound. I listened more carefully and ruled out a neighbour using some sort of equipment. I looked around to see if a fly or bumble bee was trapped in the conservatory or by a window and then I saw the source of the noise. Peter had turned the heating on as his knee isn't too good and Speedy was nodding off in his bed under the dinning room radiator. He was falling asleep sitting up with his cone propped against the radiator and snoring! 

No comments: