Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 29 November 2019

Cold.

Quite a bite in the air today but no rain. Today I wrote my annual Christmas letter carefully adjusting margins and font size so that my photos would fit. After much editing and even writing numbers as digits rather than spelling them to save space I emailed the letter over to Peter for him to print out. Unfortunately because we have different versions of Word and other technical reasons the first printed copy came out in a different font. When Peter sorted that out his pc ignored the narrow margins I'd set up and the letter spread to a second page. In the end the letter printed correctly when taken from a pen drive rather than an email. I seem to remember similar problems last year and I had to write directly on Peter's pc. 
In the afternoon I tried a recipe for peanut butter bites that I'd seen on FB. For the test run I halved the amounts. They weren't hard to make but I'm not sure about the taste. I prefer crunchy peanut butter and buy a different brand but even taking that into account I think the addition of icing sugar made them too sickly sweet. I might make just a few using crunchy peanut butter and dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate to see what other people think. One thing I did discover was that I can get a good shape using a measuring teaspoon like an ice-cream scoop. That might make truffle making a bit less messy.
My final task of the day was to cover the footstool using left overs from making the chair cover. It still needs some adjusting underneath to get the corners right but I found myself working until late just to get it to this stage. At the same time I had the news channel on listening to the news of the latest terrorist attack in London. It was very sad to hear that two people as well as the terrorist had lost their lives and what courage of the bystanders to tackle a knife wielding man wearing a (fake) suicide vest.

No comments: