Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 4 November 2019

Wet.

More heavy showers today. I had planned to walk to the hospital this afternoon for my appointment with the cardiologist but the threat of yet more rain had me accepting Peter's offer of a lift. However we were nearly at the hospital when the road was closed to vehicles. To get around the road closure meant driving a long way round I got out and walked the last bit of the journey. It wasn't raining at the time but my flip-flops were not the best footwear for walking along a lane littered with lumps of mud from the digger that was removing the hedge. This is the start of yet another housing estate bordering on the edge of Manning's Pit on the outskirts of town. There is another big estate being built by the side of the hospital on what used to be farm land. (I didn't take my camera today and it's now dark so today's photos are taken from the web.)
Today's appointment was my long awaited, 23 weeks, appointment to see the cardiologist to begin the process of finding out why I've had so many disconcerting heart symptoms. Nothing terribly dramatic but concerning when you don't why they are happening. Today's visit took the whole afternoon with first an ECG, next blood pressure and then I got to see the cardiologist. After much questioning I was then sent to have an echo cardiogram which was very interesting. Unlike many other tests you get to watch the screen as the technician takes readings from various angles. It was fascinating to watch the different valves which looked like kicking legs and then on different settings see and hear the blood flow. Then I was supposed to be fitted with a 7 day heart monitor but they didn't have any available, good old NHS, so I'll have to wait for a letter telling me to come in for one. That should throw some light on the problem as from today's tests my heart and valves all appear normal.
Having spent the afternoon in the hospital it was dark and raining heavily by the time I was ready to go home. I got out my phone to call Peter and found I had no network! I tried a couple of places without much luck but then got through with a text. I tried to call one last time and finally got through. It took Peter a while to arrive because apart from the closed road some other sections of the route were flooded.

No comments: