Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 17 November 2019

Sunny.

A misty morning turned into a lovely sunny day. I hung out some washing in the hope that it would at least get a little drier in the slight breeze. I'm not sure if it did get any drier, the t-towels ended up on radiators and the sheet and pillow cases were dried as I ironed. 
We've had the heating on to keep the house warm for Peter so I'm still in shorts and t-shirt. It was an unwelcome surprise when the boiler cut out especially with the cold weather due later in the week. Luckily after switching off the boiler and leaving it for an hour or so it sprang back into life. The man is coming to give the boiler its service in two weeks so hopefully it'll keep going until then. We're also fortunate in that this house stays warm even when the boiler turns off.
The cover sewing continued. Today after much thinking I put the scissors to the two seater cover and cut it in preparation for covering the cushions. I was convinced that I ought to be able to cut the first piece to the shape needed for the seat cushion leaving two large scrap pieces for future use but in the end I cut straight across the fabric as I didn't trust myself not to miscalculate.

2 comments:

happyone said...

The flowers look so pretty against the blue sky.
Our heat has been on quite a while already. We set it at 68 degree F and it just comes on when needed.

Ruta M. said...

Ours is the same at 20C but it's also on a timer. My problem is that the boiler cupboard backs on to our bedroom and I find the hum of the boiler annoying and it is one more thing to stop me from sleeping. In Wales the boiler is going outside the house, I think they make them that way now to ensure there is no danger from carbon monoxide.