Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 18 November 2019

Sunny.

It's been a bright and sunny day but with no breeze everything remained damp. I didn't think it was worth hanging out any washing. The birds; sparrows and a robin are regular visitors to the fat ball bird feeder so I keep that topped up. I also noticed a sparrow pecking at the feeder containing seeds but it gave up after a while maybe because the seeds had got wet, some had sprouted and the seeds were all stuck together. I used a long screwdriver to prise out the old seeds and have put some fresh seeds in.
My afternoon was spent working on the cushion cover. Although I could simply have cut off the edge to which was stitched elastic being me I had to carefully take out the stitches with my trusty stitch ripper. Then came my attempts to fold the fabric over the cushion. After lots of pinning and tacking I've decided to resort to cutting separate pieces for the sides, my origami skills were just not up to working out how to use a single piece of fabric. 
Today was the last day of wearing the heart monitor, thank goodness. For seven days I've been keeping not only the monitor but paper and pen with me at all times to record my symptoms. I was issued with a single form to fill in and told to use more paper if needed. Five more sheets of ruled A4 paper were needed, hopefully this will all help in sorting out whatever is going wrong. I had the choice of returning the monitor this evening or tomorrow morning. As I'm off to Braunton tomorrow morning I decided to go tonight. It was already dark by the time I left the house around 5.00 and I was very conscious that my dark clothing wasn't the safest as I walked down a couple of short stretches of lane not even wide enough for two cars to pass and no verges or pavement just hedges that I leaned up against as cars went past. At least there were street lights. All I had to do in the hospital was hand over the monitor and papers and head straight home again. 
The pitcher plant continues to do well in the bathroom. There are three more of the 7 inch long pitchers further down this stem.

No comments: