Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 2 November 2019

Wet.

The gales didn't arrive quite as early as predicted (4.00 am) though by 7.00 a lone wheelie bin had been blown onto its side. From then it just got wetter and windier. A good day to stay at home. I finally conceded that it's getting colder and changed from shorts to loose trousers for my day wear. To cheer up a miserable day I made some apple pancakes in the afternoon. One way to use up an egg. Now that Peter has given up on a traditional 'cooked' breakfast and has porridge instead we don't get through eggs quickly. Using one for a batch of cookies and one for pancakes means that a box of six eggs lasts a very long time. I use a lot when baking for Christmas but at other times we could do with buying two or three at a time.
It was a good day to continue with my craft work for Christmas. For this project  I made the design to fit the materials I have. It looks a bit more like a flower than a star but I'm happy with it.
I've been letting Speedy lick at his feet for a short time without seeing any damage so tonight I released him from the dreaded cone. I'm hoping that this is finally the end of the problem. No hair grew back but the vet did say that might be the case. 
The bad weather has caused many fireworks displays to be cancelled but it's not looking too bad for tomorrow and Peter actually suggested that we go down to the Rugby Club to see the big local display.
Looking at the on-line weather reports it seems that the worst of the storm affected the south of the county though no doubt there is plenty of flooding on the country roads. The photo above is of Sennen near Land's End. I wouldn't like to see waves that high at Borth but Caernarfon Bay opens on to the Irish Sea and not the full force of the Atlantic so I think we'll be okay.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Wow that is some huge wave!! Such a pretty picture.