Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 14 November 2019

Wet.

We've had strong winds and icy rain for most of the day. I took the above photo of the first daffodil shoots while standing in the doorway. I've just been outside to collect the recycling bins and it had stopped raining but was still bitterly cold. Checking the weather sites I see that Dartmoor had about 2" of snow last night. There was also black ice on the Link Road that caused an accident this morning.
Once more my afternoon was spent working on the chair cover. It's been quite a challenge to alter a standard 3-d shape to fit a complex 3-d shape with lots of curves. The hardest bit today was getting the fabric to fit smoothly over the curved arm ends which are visible once the cushions are in place. There's still a bit of hand sewing to do on the frame cover before I begin on the cushions. The new foot pedal arrived today so hopefully once I've wired it in I'll be able to fly along the longer seams. Most of today's work would have had to be done by hand anyway.
PS Yesterday's helicopter wasn't looking for a person that had threatened to self-harm. I was misled by that article coming up at the top of the page when it related to an incident in the summer. I should learn to check the date first.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Looks like you're doing a great job on the chair!!!