Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 20 November 2019

Cold.

Wintry again today, this time with enough wind to make it worth hanging out some washing. So now we have radiators festooned with t-shirts and other items of clothing.
The other day I noticed evidence of woolly aphids on one of the orchids in the sitting room. By the time I bought the correct spray and looked more closely I could see the aphids were on all of the orchids. Today I took the orchids outside, sprayed, wiped down both sides of the leaves with kitchen roll and sprayed again. Then I had a thorough clean of the box they stand on and the lower part of the window again using the spray before bringing the orchids back in.
Then it was back to the cushion cover. After much pinning, tacking and checking I sewed the end of the cover that goes over the wide T shaped front of the cushion. If it was just a matter of covering the existing cushion it would be relatively easy, it's getting a snug fit while still being able to remove the cover that's tricky. I think I've worked it out now. The postman brought the correct junction box for the sewing machine pedal so that wiring job is next to do. 

No comments: