Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 21 November 2019

Grey.

Just a grey wintry day, dry up until the early evening. I planned on having a restful day and began by wiring up the new sewing machine pedal using the 3 wire junction box that the postman had delivered. Apart from the very fiddly business of striping the wires using a pair of scissors as I didn't know where the correct tool not only was I was faced with  a 2 wire cable getting joined to a 3 wire cable but the colours of the wires didn't match. I checked on line and although I didn't find a 3 wire cable with a white wire by a process of deduction matched the other 2 sets of wires and put the white earth? wire into the middle connector with nothing on the other side. It was quite tricky getting everything in the right place and for extra security I waited until Peter came home and looked at my handiwork. He agreed with me and I put the cover on the junction box and plugged in the pedal to the sewing machine. Sadly although the light on the machine turned on the pedal had no effect on the motor. Looking inside the original pedal there is a capacitor and some other bits in there so I'm guessing I need that specific pedal. So for the time being it's back to hand sewing. I pinned, tacked and stitched most of the cushion cover. Just a few more seams and I'll thread through elastic to hold the cover tightly in place.
I have a new camera! Well it is Peter's old phone with the SIM card taken out. Being a lot smaller than the Nikon I can keep it handy when I don't want to be carrying much. The other use for it is to hold photos that I can show to other people. I'm meeting up with friends on Saturday and I wanted to show them photos of Borth instead of just saying how lovely it is. Now I'm sure there is a way to connect the camera to my PC and take photos from my files and put them on the camera but I chose a much simpler method of transferring the photos. I used the phone to photograph my monitor showing the relevant photos. It worked and I know how to access them on the phone. That might not sound like much but I've never had or used a smart phone before though now it isn't a phone anymore, just a slim camera. …….  I've had a little play with the phone and I've also got a torch and a magnifier. I expect most people will think that it's about time I got a 'proper' phone but I really don't need one and I certainly  don't need the expense.

No comments: