Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 7 November 2019

Very Wet.

 A good motto for our new home.
It's been a day of many heavy downpours with some thunder rumbles in the morning. I was out and about in the car with the wipers going at full speed. My first stop this morning was at the tattoo place in Braunton to chat about the design I'm having done. I've given the chap my folder of ideas that I've been mulling over for the last few years and I'll see what he comes up with. I had thought about having it done in brown to look like a henna pattern but he says that it will fade much quicker than black. 
Many of the shops were shut as Braunton is very much a holiday/surf village but I found a charity shop open. There I found a metal 'distressed' sign and a small blue glass ball to add to my collection. I've been keeping my eyes open for any tasteful beach themed items, not plastic seagulls on lighthouses and these are the first I've found. Also it is good to support the local Hospice.
On the drive back I stopped briefly at Heanton Court, a pub, to take some photos of the estuary.
The tide was out and the rain moving in quickly.

I couldn't decide which of these two photos to post so went with both. The B&W effect is due to the low light conditions.
As I was already out and the forecast for the rest of the week is colder and wetter I decided to drive over the bridge and do some shopping at Lidl's and Tesco's. I must say the Christmas marketing is done very well and had me tempted to 'stock up for Christmas' with German gingerbread and marzipan goodies in anticipation of family visits but I resisted. We should be in Borth by then in a state of general chaos and although it's a remote part of the world Aberystwyth does have Lidl's and Tesco's as well as other supermarkets.
Back home I did some more work on the chair cover. This time I began pinning and tacking where the elastic will go for the fixed arm cushions and then I got to the scary bit. Cutting the fabric across the seat. It looks alright so far and I'm not rushing with this job.




1 comment:

happyone said...

You found the perfect sign for you! : )
Having a rainy day here too.