Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 13 May 2020

Bright.

Lots of clouds today, some of them looking quite dark underneath but so far no rain has fallen. It was warm in the sun but as soon as a cloud blocked the sun's rays it felt chilly.
The relaxation of the lockdown now includes house sales. Good news I hope for Vytas and Sally who along with millions of others had their house purchase halted mid-process. House viewings are also allowed, not for speculative buyers ie those who haven't sold their own property and social distancing should still be followed. There was also mention that you should wash down door handles etc after a viewing but I think offering viewers latex gloves from our large supply would be better. With the possibility of viewings comes the need to keep the house in a respectable state. To that end I blitzed the bathroom. Dead bits cut off the plants and the clear containers wiped clean. The bath needed washing, a task that I resent as we don't use the bath but it still fills with dust and fluff from the towels. I try to change my grumbly mood by thinking it's a bonus in terms of the house sale to have a separate bath and shower. The shower had an extra scrutiny and scrub once I put my glasses on. While I was waging war against the dust I tackled the horror behind the tv in our bedroom. Being careful not to upset the electricals with my damp cloth using paper towels for the sensitive areas I removed an awful lot of dust from the wires and back of the tv. 
Later in the day I discovered a patch of mould in another corner of the window sill of my study which was dealt with more bleach. Then when I thought I was done I caught a whiff of damp in the bedroom and found more mould behind a wooden box on the bedroom window sill. Not much but not good. A final attack with the bleach and at last I was done.
In between my cleaning I repotted three more clematis I had bought at Asda yesterday, £5 for three plants. Dark pink, light pink and a light blueish purple one.  
I sat out in the garden for a short while with a book and a cup of tea. The young blackbirds are now cheeping in the nest, no escapees today and the parents have been back and forth with worms and insects. I also surprised a sparrow at the tray of water. Don't know if it was just drinking or maybe even having a wash.
PS I haven't been able to read the comment at the end of 11th's post as it takes me to a UK newspaper article.

No comments: