Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 31 May 2020

More Clouds.

Very hot again today. By the time we ventured out for a spot of sunbathing the many clouds provided momentary welcome relief from the heat (100-110F/low 40's). Two washes put out earlier soon dried and have since been ironed and put away.
Today at last I was able to have a rest day hoping to speed up my recovery from my personal nasty virus. (Definitely not Covid.) So not too much housework and little gardening.
It's been relatively quiet here. I don't know if people have headed out to the beach though we were already being told of major traffic jams by mid-morning yesterday, or if the heat has driven everyone indoors. Or people could be off visiting friends and family though technically that's not supposed to happen until tomorrow.
Still tempted to go for white painted raised beds. The Pony Tails grass is looking at its best as it comes into flower.

Yesterday I moved the hen's egg onto the central grass where it was soon spotted and eaten by Mr. Crow. 
I waited for the first pass of SpaceX last night but got distracted by my puzzle and the radio. Finding out that it was going round the earth twice I made sure that I was watching in time for the second pass and yes I saw it blaze across the sky. 

PS. Just noticed a whole load of links to gambling sites at the side of the blog with no way to get rid of them. has this happened to anybody else?

3 comments:

happyone said...

Wow that is HOT. Cool here this morning. 42 degrees F here when I walked. About 5 C I think.

lea said...

I like that dark leafed (leaved ?) hardy geranium. Yes, I see the list of gambling sites too.

Ruta M. said...

You're right, that is one of my hardy geraniums though the photo is a little deceptive. The pink flower is Maderense with big yellow/green leaves and the purple leaves are another hardy geranium which has lavender coloured flowers.