Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 3 May 2020

Memories.

The morning's misty drizzle stayed for most of the day blocking out the views. It was so hazy that I couldn't even see the sand dunes though now at 6.00pm it has brightened up enough for the fuzzy shape of Hartland to appear in the distance.
After doing my usual exercises I thought I'd treat myself to a Pilates workout. I'd asked the voice search thingy on the TV for Pilates before and all it had come up with was something to buy from the Sky Store. Then the other day I'd noticed a fitness section appear in the list of programmes the TV recommended and when I went to that I found a YouTube video. I left it at the time and then had a long search today before I found the video. Furniture pushed back I tried to follow the instructions of a young well toned instructor. Peter could hear me laughing and making comments as I attempted some new moves. I'm not sure I'll bother with that one again but the 25 minute session did make me sweat copiously which has to be something.
For the rest of the day I carried on going through photo files for what I'm going to call my memory books. Mostly for my pleasure now in reliving memories but they should be useful if my memories start to fade. There are a number of reasons for each photo I take. Some are what I call 'placing photos' which simply say 'this is where I was,' others are to document things I see and that overlaps with the majority where I try to show beauty in my environment.
I took so many photos of our visits to St Michael's Mount and St Ives that I'm going to devote a whole photo book to them. I have such an emotional tie to St Ives and we may well not return as there are so many beautiful places in the UK for us to visit when life returns to normal.  
I love this photo of water swirling around in St Ives harbour so much that I'm going to get it printed, after a little cropping, and then frame it for our new home. And then maybe choose some others.
We've had a further email to say my friend with covid is feeling a lot better, 5 more of her colleagues in the same ambulance service also fell ill with the virus. Makes you wonder about the level of PPE they were given.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

PPE seems to be missing in the US!