Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 25 May 2020

Hot.


A very hot day with less breeze than yesterday. I washed and hung out the washing early. Not long after I went to turn the duvet cover over and found it already ready for ironing. 
The temptation to sit outside was somewhat reduced by the loud sounds of our neighbours' radio blaring across the garden. We did spend some time outside and I have nearly finished mending Peter's t-shirt. I thought I was done but then found another group of holes which will need a small patch. After this there'll be no more repairs for this old t-shirt.
I've spent a lot of time using 'Paint' on a very old photo of Red Roof's garden in its heyday to give a rough idea of my current design plans. Frustratingly the 'fill' tool in my Paint programme doesn't work. Instead of a single click to fill an outline with a second colour I've had to carefully use a brush tool to colour in, hence the scruffy edges.
Yesterday afternoon I spotted a bright blue damsel fly on the rhododendron bush above the plastic tray filled with water and a few stones for the birds. (My PC refused to upload a second set of photos yesterday. It needs a good overhaul and maybe a better virus and malware checker as I and others have had problems with the comments on the blog. I got it to work eventually but it's still not perfect.)

No comments: