Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 5 May 2020

Speedy !

The day began with a rich rosy glow, or so I was told. By the time I woke up the sky had settled into a gloomy grey and has only gradually lightened up during the day. It has remained fairly cool and there was light rain at times in the morning. 
Peter decided that although he has been extra cautious and staying home he would make a trip out today. This was partly to ally his concern that he was becoming too fearful about going out which he felt might worsen the longer he stays at home. 
Here is Speedy looking extra cute in his 'Lucky Cat' pose. He's spent a lot of the day watching the world from my study window as I worked on my photo files. A while after this picture was taken he became very agitated at the sight of one of the neighbours out playing football with his two children. At least I think that's why Speedy's tail was lashing back and forth. Eventually he got so riled up he tried to force his way out of the window and discovered that as I'd used a slip knot to tie the cord keeping the window shut he was able to forced the window open a little more. He was out of the gap right up to his hips before I saw what was happening and got a firm hold on his tail to yank him back into the room. The cord is now tied with secure knots that won't shift and the opening is a little narrower than before. 
As already mentioned I've been working on the photos for my Memory Books and listening to the radio. Most of the programmes I chose were covid related, some were informative, some very sad and others clarified some of the govt's flawed decisions. Currently about a third of covid deaths have been in care homes. Hardly surprising when there has been, maybe still is, a policy of sending elderly covid patients back from hospital to their care homes. Maybe these were patients for whom further medical interventions were not appropriate but back to care homes that are full of vulnerable people? Bear in mind that care homes are not part of the NHS so not part of the main PPE supply systems and are mostly run as businesses employing staff paid the very minimum. Shows how little such elderly people are valued. This govt. will have a lot to answer for when this is all over. 
As more and more birds visit the bird feeders I've begun calling the bush the Bird Restaurant. The other day a Great Tit came down to the peanut filled feeder and yesterday there were at least 3 dunnocks in the bush at a time. Quite exciting when for such a long time no birds at all came to the feeders.  No further signs of our hedgehog friends.

No comments: