Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 26 May 2020

Hot.

Another very hot day. I woke at 4.00 this morning and once out of bed I was greeted by the rising sun reflected in the windows of the house opposite. It's frustrating not to be able to do any exercises but my rib cartilage is still inflamed and it takes very little to set it off. 
I made another attempt to buy the kitchen tap but when I phoned all I got was a recording saying they, or at least the call centre, wasn't yet open. I fared better when I phoned the vet's to order more flea drops for Speedy. The surgery near us isn't open for routine stuff and I thought I'd have to drive over to their other surgery on the far side of town to collect the drops. But no, instead the drops are being posted to me, no extra charge. I ordered 6 months worth rather than 3 to give me more time to sort out a vet once we move. 
For a change I decided to do some cooking today. The owner of the beach café which does the tasty Sri Lankan curries has been putting his recipes on his FB page so I thought I give the dahl a try. Surprisingly I had just about all of the ingredients baring coconut milk. Instead I used less water and added some dry (not sweetened) coconut. It smells pretty good and I'll have some for supper instead of my usual salad. A naan would go well with it but there aren't any in the freezer so a slice of granary bread will do instead. 
Before we settled down for a read in the back garden I spotted yet another damsel fly, this time a Large Red Damselfly. At the moment the back garden is filled with bumble bees, bees and flies busy visiting all the flowers currently out.
Got some sewing done today as well. The t-shirt has had its last repair and alterations to the trousers were completed. I also used the machine to stitch down one side of the bias binding onto the towelling 'piano cover'. I could have used the machine to top sew over the other side but I've decided to do it properly and hand sew it. That I can do outside and I quite enjoy hand sewing.


No comments: