Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 7 May 2020

Showers.

The day began with rain which cleared to give hot sunshine followed by another rainy spell, more sun and right now clouds are gathering once more. The forecaster is saying that tomorrow will be similar and then ......... Arctic air arriving on Sunday.
It's a Bank Holiday tomorrow to remember VE Day so I went out today for our weekly shop. First call was to Boots in the High Street to collect my new medicines. We tried phoning first but after the phone ringing for 35 minutes we gave up. It was no surprise then when I asked at the pharmacy to find that yes, they had the paperwork but they hadn't made up the prescription and could I wait 15 minutes. I don't bother wearing a watch but it seemed a lot longer as I sat there. With very few shops open in the High Street it wasn't worth going anywhere and did I really want to pass in close contact with other people just to avoid getting bored? Back home I checked out the new tablets to see what the information leaflet said. What a surprise, they hadn't put one in so I had to look on line. I had to laugh when I read the 'Common or very Common Side-Effects' - 
Anxiety; appetite abnormal; arthralgia; asthenia; behaviour abnormal; confusion; constipation; cough; depression; diarrhoea; dizziness; drowsiness; dry mouth; dysarthria; dyspnoea; emotional lability; flatulence; gait abnormal; gastrointestinal discomfort; headache; hypertension; increased risk of infection; insomnia; leucopenia; malaise; movement disorders; muscle complaints; nausea; nystagmus; oedema; pain; reflexes abnormal; seizure (in children); sensation abnormal; sexual dysfunction; skin reactions; thinking abnormal; tooth disorder; tremor; vasodilation; vertigo; visual impairment; vomiting. 
Not appetite abnormal or flatulence - pleeeese. Oh well, I experience at least 8 of these before even taking the tablets. Perhaps I shouldn't have looked.

I then went on to do the usual shopping in Lidl's and Tesco's and got myself a few bargains in Tesco's. Yesterday I'd decided to find/make something to cover my digital piano to keep the dust off. I don't know if it's being in town or the not very well sealed wooden floors but the amount of dust everywhere is very noticeable. It's not nice to see so much dust on the piano keys. I don't really like plastic covers so was looking around for some suitable fabric. In Tesco's I first found some thinner beach towels which were the right size and weight but none of the designs satisfied my picky tastes. Then I spotted certain bath towels at half price. I really like this royal blue and then even though I haven't decided on the colour scheme for our new bathrooms I bought the remaining 2 towels that were on the shelf. Then it was over to the clothing where everything was half price. The gym leggings I'd had my eye on only had one pair left in a really large size so no luck there but then I found some loose holiday trousers and some sparkly flip-flops. Just a shame I didn't notice the security tag on the trousers so I'll have to take them back to get the tag taken off. That's extra annoying because I ran my hand down the trousers when the question came up on the screen but didn't feel the tag on the waistband.

This morning our neighbour rang the doorbell again. Another wildlife issue, a rat was up on the roofs running along the gutters. Not too sure what we were supposed to do about that. However a bit later we did hear some scrabbling up in the loft. Up the ladder I went, turned on the light and shone my torch behind the boxes. To scare away any rodents I banged on a number of boxes and that had our neighbour at the door again but I had no further information.

No comments: