Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 24 May 2020

Sunny Afternoon.

The day began grey and rather gloomy then brightened up in the afternoon. I got some washing out early to dry in the ever present wind, ironed and still had time to sit out in the sun with Peter reading and chatting.
After refusing to go anywhere near the new bed today Speedy was happily sleeping on the cushion tucked into his pillowcase. I think I'll keep the pillowcase (or a brown one) when the pillow goes into the bed. It doesn't look anything like as nice but so much easier to wash and dry the pillowcase.
I put my latest lot of garden canes to good use and made tripods for the pots of climbers out in the front garden. There are still three climbers that need doing once I buy some more canes next week.
I made yet another attempt to buy the kitchen tap from Screwfix. This time I thought that I'd have it delivered here and post it off to Wales myself. However the same problem happened when I entered my details (red stars indicating I needed to put in information) so I wiped out everything. I'll phone instead on Tuesday and make my purchase speaking to a real person instead of filling in boxes on a faulty web site.
I'm currently making a folder of ideas for the make-over of the front garden in Borth. I think the biggest expense will be the construction of raised beds. Ideally I'd love to have minimalist white painted concrete but that would need doing every year which I think would become increasingly difficult as we get older. Bricks would be a good option for the curving walls, (all my garden designs featured flowing curves) and would match the red roof tiles but ....... not a good colour match for my intended grey/white/purple/blue plants. Also brick walled planters feel quite municipal. These concrete blocks have caught my eye, maybe they won't prove too expensive.

No comments: