Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 29 May 2020

Still Hot.

Hot again today. It's just been announced on the radio that it has been the hottest spring on record and the rainfall for all of May has been a whole 1 cm.
I think I could write a book on the trials and tribulations on our monthly collection of our prescriptions. In theory it should be an almost automatic process, each month you collect one lot of medications and tick all the little boxes on the repeat form which you hand back to the pharmacist for the next month's supply. Today, not only did I have to park further away as car parking charges are back in force but I had to make sure I returned to the car within the hour. Not that bad I know but when I attempted to collect our prescriptions from Boots........ aargh! After a lot of typing into their computer I was told that there was nothing for me and only part of Peter's prescription. According to them several of the items had been ordered 10 days after the other items. They were all on the same form so how did that happen? All I got was a shrug and the advice to phone the surgery as they weren't 'able/allowed' to email or phone our surgery. Nothing I could do. I had my new phone with me but when I went to phone Peter I discovered that the only contact that had been imported when I put in my old sim card was Romas'. Luckily I did have Peter's number in a notebook so I rang him from the car and left it to him to sort out which he has done. On my way back to the car I called in at Wilko's but they had sold out of garden canes the length I needed. That meant a visit to BJ's where I got the right canes. I then did some food shopping at Lidl's and Tesco's. For some reason neither shop had any menthol boiled sweets which I find soothing when my sinuses are playing up. I compromised with some cough sweets. Not much in the way of bargains though I did get some sushi (vegetable and Peking duck) for tonight's supper.
When I got home it was too hot to simply sit outside but I did work in the front garden using the new canes wrapped with garden string to support all the remaining climbers. I've also put out a tray of water on the paving in the front garden for the birds. (The hedgehogs' tray is tucked under a bush at the front of the garden.)
The lockdown restrictions are being eased and up to 6 people are allowed to come and visit in your garden. No doubt there will be many barbecues and parties this weekend with far more visitors than that and social distancing being ignored.
Last year's lilies and mimulus have made an appearance in the planters by the front door.

1 comment:

happyone said...

How frustrating trying to get your medicine!!