Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 27 May 2020

Really Hot.

 Hot, hot, hot!
I had another phone appointment with my GP this morning. I think she is almost as relieved as I am that the latest pain meds seem to be working without the side effects of the last lot. For now it's a matter of wait and see.
This afternoon I drove over to Lidl's where suitably masked up I popped in to get a few things. As I came out there was a dreadful clattering behind me. I turned to see a terrified dog running down the road dragging a display trolley behind him. His silly owner(s) had slipped his lead onto one of the large trolleys used to hold pots of plants for sale. Abandoning my shopping trolley I managed to get the dog to slow down and was able to grab his lead. At the same time a member of Lidl's staff arrived to help. We calmed the dog down and fixed his lead to one of the barriers by the store doors in the shade. Before the store worker went to rescue the trolley and the plant pots that had fallen off I mentioned to him that the plants on all four stands were dying due to lack of water. It was sad to see the wilted lavender and other plants but the chap said they just did not have the time to water the plants. That I can well believe as Lidl's is always noticeably understaffed. BTW the dog was a lovely large black labradoodle type cross.
Back home I stayed inside to hand sew the bias binding on my piano cover. I'm very pleased with the result and looking forward to not having dusty keys. Peter and I did sit outside for a while but as can be seen it got very, very hot so we didn't stay too long.
Yesterday evening I was watering the back garden and chatting to my neighbour who was putting things away when I noticed mist swirling up along the hillside. Looking out from the front of the house the river was completely obscured by the mist and the setting sun was dropping through a romantic haze. 

No comments: