Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 23 May 2020

Windy.

The stormy weather continues. Bright and sunny for most of the time with strong winds and even fiercer gusts. Combined with the spring tide the waves are 10-15ft. With no lifeguards anywhere the message is don't go in the sea or you will die. 
I bought Speedy a new bed from somebody on FB and she brought it round this morning. My idea was to give him some extra luxury both for the long journey up to Wales whenever that happens, and to help him settle into our new home. However, contrary to the photo above he doesn't like it and may even be scared of it judging by the weird wailing that came from the conservatory earlier. It had been originally bought for a dog but was too small. It smells like it's been washed so maybe either the different washing soap or the dog smell are upsetting Speedy or it looks too much like a strange animal. I've had it out on the line to blow away any smells. Then I'll pop the central cushion into the pillowcase that goes on one of Speedy's beds (he has a choice of two) and see if he gets used to that. I suppose I could put it in the washing machine and I could get some cat calming spray. I'll see how it goes.
I used three of the latest set of canes to make a basic tripod to support the blowsy pink rose. After a little gardening I sat out reading and enjoying the roaring of the wind through the tall trees. I did some sewing today as well, first repairing a cloth shopping bag handle and strengthening the handles. Then I carried on pinning and tacking the trousers that I want to alter. They're still not quite right but I'd done enough for one day.

No comments: