Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 28 May 2020

Hot Again.

Just as hot as yesterday again. So hot that I didn't stay outside for very long at all. When it's like this we really appreciate the cool marble tiles in the kitchen and hall.
In the morning I baked some chocolate chunk cookies for Peter. Or I should say, attempted to bake. I don't know if I mis-read the digital scales or if they went weird when I zeroed the bowl of ingredients but I seemed to end up with far too much flour making a very dry mixture. Although I generally weigh out the ingredients into separate bowls so that I can add them gradually today I went for the throw it all in one bowl method. I added some milk to the mixture and went ahead with the bake but I have to say the result was more like rock buns than biscuits. However I'm sure Peter will work his way through them.
I haven't been too active today but I did give the larger of the blob bushes a trim with the garden scissors. At the moment I find the scissors easier to use than the garden shears which are not that sharp.
Yesterday evening we watched out of the windows for a sighting of the spacex rocket. Eventually we decided that the gradually building haze had obscured our view only to discover the launch had been delayed due to bad weather and is now scheduled for Saturday.
PS. I've left a comment to test if the unauthorised diversion to a random dodgy site has gone and that does seem to be the case.

3 comments:

Ruta M. said...

Testing to see if the diversion to dubious site has been removed.

happyone said...

Oh I see I can leave comments again. :) I left a message on my blog for you saying I couldn't. Don't know if you ever saw it.
Haven't tried to leave one for a while but when I saw a comment decided to try again.

Ruta M. said...

Yes, I did see your comment and had been checking on the dodgy link until at last it had gone.