Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 9 May 2020

Hot.

While there have been more clouds today has been nearly as hot as yesterday. It's hazing over right now and I can see a sea mist is obscuring the lowers flanks of the cliffs out to Hartland.
With cold air from the Arctic due to arrive tomorrow and break the current spell of hot weather I decided to spend the afternoon outside soaking up some sun. First I hunted around for a few items to put in the washing machine. The blackbirds were constantly back and forth with food for their chicks. The nest is so well hidden in the ivy I've yet to catch sight of them. I put my current book aside for the moment as it's my third reading of GOT and while it's good to be adding extra detail it's a little too familiar to keep my attention for long. Instead I've gone back to an omnibus of 3 of Lillian Beckwith's books about her life as a crofter on a Hebridean island in the 1960's. The characters are neither glamorous nor adventurous but have a great attitude to life and though often elderly still continuing with hard manual crofting work.
It got so hot outside I couldn't spend the whole afternoon outside but came inside to do my exercises. 
We are due an announcement about easing off the lockdown tomorrow. Already we know that garden centres will be open from next Wednesday and manufacturing businesses have been encouraged to open with certain precautions. The company making our new windows and doors is back working and once we've signed the next lot of paper work installing the remaining doors and windows will go ahead.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Hard to imagine that warm weather when it was only 22F today with snow showers!! :)