Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 19 May 2020

Grey.

Looking out of the window this morning the paving was wet after some early morning rain. It remained grey and cool for the rest of the day. Only now, in the late afternoon are some patches of blue appearing in the sky.
A message popped up for the second time on my PC that I didn't understand so I called for help. It was something to do with an application so I left Peter updating a second security thingy for me.  After running two different security scans I was all set to carry on with buying a sink tap and a base unit for Red Roofs. I'd already sourced the models I wanted but having failed to make a successful order for the base unit yesterday I thought I'd start with the tap. On to the Screwfix site I went. Selected the tap and put it in 'my basket'. There I noticed that to qualify for free delivery I needed to spend £50 while the tap was 1p less. Admittedly the delivery charge is only £5 but I searched the website for the cheapest possible item to add to my order. I could have bought some sort of electrical socket for 68p but decided on 100 cable ties for 88p as they are always useful. So far so good, I proceeded to the checkout, registered for an account, put in our address and the delivery details and filled in my details for payment. That's when it all went wrong. Even though I'd filled it in correctly three boxes were starred as needing filling in and I was stopped from going any further. (Peter tells me the Screwfix site is generally rubbish). I opened up another page to find a phone number for some help but their help dept. is closed. Not knowing what had happened to my bank details I fired off an urgent email and called for my long-suffering home IT support. By that time the payment page had timed out and Peter's advice was to exit everything. That I did but had no energy left to tackle going back to sort out the purchase of the base unit from Wickes. Round three tomorrow I think.
I used some of the canes I bought to support the big pink rose but they aren't really long enough. I'll have to get the longest ones available the next time I go shopping. If this was our permanent garden I'd invest in a fancy wooden tripod support but canes will do. 

No comments: